Trailblazers, game-changers, visionaries, movers, and shakers - these are words that best describe the set of men and women we are about to introduce.
From innovators who changed how the world works, to disruptors who made the world pay attention, to creatives who opened our eyes, these influential men and women have made their mark in the world, forcing us to listen to what they have to say.
This article gives you the most compelling quotes for vision boards from 10 of the world’s most influential men and women, giving you words that inspire and motivate you to step up and make a change in your life, and soon, the world.
HOW LEADERS INSPIRE AND MOTIVATE
Every now and then, a man or woman catches the world’s attention. They show the world talent we’ve never seen before, wisdom that makes us listen, and compassion we’ve never experienced.
These men and women have unique qualities that inspire and motivate people to be the best versions of themselves. We believe a simple quote, a simple sentence, and a simple statement from these individuals have the power to change us, inspire us, and move us to take action.
The effect of great leadership is well-documented, and one study shows that 88% of employees believe a transparent and fair leader inspires positive change in the workplace.
When you’re on a mission to fulfill a dream or a goal, looking for inspiration from the people who've achieved success can give you the direction you need to start and keep going.
When making a vision board, we believe pictures and quotes from the world’s most influential men and women can give you the motivation that keeps you believing in your dreams.
Vision boards don’t just contain pictures, graphics, and images, but quotes, affirmations, and words can add more impact to your manifestation method.
This is especially true if you’re making a physical board. It’s tempting to stick with images only to make a collage of your goals, but inspirational quotes can fuel your inspiration to keep on believing in your dreams.
If you’ve never made a vision board before, don’t worry, as vision board kits like The Vision Cloud’s Vision Board Magazine Kit contain all the ingredients of a stunning dream board that works.
It has a sturdy board that’s bigger than regular poster boards, a magazine with over 500 images plus words, and all the supplies you need to make a vision board from scratch. However, we believe supplementing the images with these compelling quotes for vision boards will make your board even more inspiring.
Choose the quotes that speak to your heart and soul, print them out, or write them down with a marker, and mount them on your board together with the images you want for your vision board.
COMPELLING QUOTES FOR VISION BOARD
Here are the most compelling quotes for vision board we believe can inspire and get you excited about fulfilling your own dreams:
- Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla and SpaceX, one of the richest men in the world
- “I think it is possible for ordinary people to choose to be extraordinary.”
- “I think life on Earth must be about more than just solving problems. It’s got to be something inspiring, even if it is vicarious.”
- “For my part, I will never give up, and I mean never.”
- “When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.”
- “Persistence is very important. You should not give up unless you are forced to give up.”
- “Failure is a good option. If you are not failing, you are not trying hard enough.”
- “People should pursue what they’re passionate about. That will make them happier than pretty much anything else.”
- “If you get up in the morning and think the future is going to be better, it is a bright day. Otherwise, it’s not.”
- Jeff Bezos, founder of Amazon, one of the richest men in the world
- “We are comfortable planting seeds and waiting for them to grow into trees.”
- “We need big failure in order to move the needle. If we don’t, we’re not swinging enough. You really should be swinging hard, and you will fail, but that’s okay.”
- “To get something new done, you have to be stubborn and focused, to the point that others might find unreasonable.”
- “In the end, we are our choices. Build yourself a great story.”
- “I knew that if I failed, I wouldn’t regret that, but I knew the one thing I might regret is not trying.”
- “I believe you have to be willing to be misunderstood if you’re going to innovate.”
- Warren Buffett, American business magnate and 5th richest man in the world as of February 2023
- “Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks.”
- “Opportunities come infrequently. When it rains gold, put out the bucket, not the thimble.”
- “It’s better to hang out with people better than you. Pick out associates whose behavior is better than yours and you’ll drift in that direction.”
- “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.”
- “Basically, when you get to my age, you’ll really measure your success in life by how many of the people you want to have love you actually do love you.”
- “I always knew I was going to be rich. I don’t think I ever doubted it for a minute.”
- “You only have to do a very few things right in your life so long as you don’t do too many things wrong.”
- “Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.”
- “In the world of business, the people who are most successful are those who are doing what they love.”
- Bill Gates, co-founder and CEO of Microsoft, one of the richest men in the world
- “It’s fine to celebrate success, but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.”
- “We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.”
- “To win big, you sometimes have to take big risks.”
- “Don’t compare yourself with anyone in this world. If you do so, you are insulting yourself.”
- “I am not in competition with anyone but myself.”
- “My goal is to improve continuously.”
- Larry Page, co-founder of Google, and 8th richest man in the world as of February 2023
- “If you’re not doing some things that are crazy, then you’re doing the wrong things.”
- “What is the one-sentence summary of how to change the world? Always work hard on something uncomfortably exciting!”
- “Anything you can imagine is probably doable, you just have to imagine it and work on it. Sometimes it’s important to wake up and stop dreaming. When a really great dream shows up, grab it.”
- “Optimism is important. You have to be a little silly about the goals you are going to set. You should try to do things that most people would not do.”
- “Always deliver more than expected.”
- Bob Iger, CEO of Disney Co., the biggest media conglomerate in the world
- “What I’ve really learned over time is that optimism is a very important part of leadership.”
- “The path to innovation begins with curiosity.”
- “And I tend to approach bad news as a problem that can be worked through and solved, something I have control over rather than something happening to me.”
- “True authority and true leadership come from knowing who you are and not pretending to be anything else.”
- “One of the most important qualities of a good leader is optimism, a pragmatic enthusiasm for what can be achieved.”
- “Even in the face of difficult choices and less-than-ideal outcomes, an optimistic leader does not yield to pessimism. Simply put, people are not motivated or energized by pessimists.”
- “Optimism sets a different machine in motion.”
- Beyonce, multimedia entertainer, one of the most decorated pop stars in history
- “If everything was perfect, you would never learn and you would never grow.”
- “When I’m not feeling my best I ask myself, “What are you gonna do about it?” I use the negativity to fuel the transformation into a better me.”
- “I don’t have to prove anything to anyone, I only have to follow my heart and concentrate on what I want to say to the world. I run my world.”
- “We need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead.”
- “I don’t like to gamble, but if there's one thing I’m willing to bet on, it’s myself.”
- “A true diva is graceful and talented, and strong, and fearless, and brave, and someone with humility.”
- “If you don’t take the time to think about and analyze your life, you’ll never realize all the dots that are all connected.”
- Oprah Winfrey, multimedia magnate, one of the very first black billionaires in the world
- “Turn your wounds into wisdom.”
- “Surround yourself only with people who are going to take you higher.”
- “You don’t become what you want, you become what you believe.”
- “You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.”
- “Look inward - the living begins with you.”
- “When you’re open to receiving them, the possibilities just keep on coming.”
- “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.”
- “The big secret in life is that there is no big secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there if you’re willing to work.”
- Malala Yousafzai, one of the youngest Nobel Peace Prize winners in history, Pakistani activist
- “One child, one teacher, one pen, and one book can change the world.”
- “Some people only ask others to do something. I believe that, why should I wait for someone else? Why don’t I take a step and move forward?”
- “Let us make our future now, and make our dreams tomorrow’s reality.”
- “If people were silent, nothing would change.”
- “When the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful.”
- Greta Thunberg, a Swedish environmental activist considered to be the most famous climate activist in the world
- “I have learned you are never too small to make a difference.”
- “I have promised myself that I’m going to do everything I can for as long as I can.”
- “I’m telling you there is hope. I have seen it, but it does not come from governments or corporations. It comes from people.”
- “To do your best is no longer enough. We now have to do the seemingly impossible.”
Take the quotes that resonate with your purpose, your goals, and your dreams, and use them to inspire and motivate you to achieve greatness. You don’t have to change the world now or tomorrow, all you need to do is aspire and take action to achieve the greatness these influential men and women have done.
Use these quotes for a vision board for your own manifestation journey, and let their voices and visions lead you to the path of greatness that’s waiting for you.